Description of activities
Each country will host at least one short term mobility where students participate, 6 mobilities in all. There will also be 3 short term
mobilities for teachers’ planning, evaluation and closing of the
project. Furthermore there will be 2 long term mobilities
for students consisting of 8 weeks in a foreign school. Each school has
the possibility to send and receive 2 students abroad each year.
To get more informations about a school trip, please click on the orange parts! Please mention that some pages haven't
got any content yet.
- Introduction to the topic
- Statistics and European comparison of migration processes
- Historical background to the concept of migration
- Logo competition
- Excursion to Copenhagen: Evidences of migration in a big European city
- Sending students for 2 months to a partner school, providing material for teachers’ guidelines and help the students to experience migration first hand and improve their European skills.
- Integration project for the class
- Several tutor students in the country will help to follow in class.
- Reflecting on integration activities, problems and possible solutions
- Migration in Film, Arts, Language and Literature
- Reading and analyzing novels and short stories
- Analyzing and discussing "foreign" influences on our languages
- Visiting the Emigrant museum “Utvandrarnas Hus” in Växjö
- Creative writing workshop “In the eyes of an immigrant”
- Producing film material
- Filming integration actitivies ongoing in the country (homeland, cultural codes and changes, aspects of living together)
- Interviews with migrant families telling their life stories
- Urbanisation and landscape changes, integration by environmental education-in cooperation with ANL-Laufen
- Influence of migration on landscapes and cities throughout the centuries (historical part)
- Environmental education as a support for integration (contemporary part of the topic).
Long term stay (2. Oct. - 1. Dec. 2016)
- Homeland, Society, Cultural codes, Cultural changes
- Working on genealogical trees of the project partners comparing their origins
- Conferences and workshops on typical cultural codes in each country
- Excursion to Venice: Migration influences in a Mediterranean seaport throughout history
- Cutting and Editing the film material
- Food and Sports, Editing of the documentary
- Focus on the history of migration, partly on food (dishes, but also eating and drinking habits) throughout history and partly of the role of sport in migration and integration
- Production of a radio show
-Production of the documentary
- Evaluation of the long term stays,
- Finishing the guidelines
- Evaluation of the produced teaching material
- Evaluation of project activities
- Final writing, Presenting and Publication of results
- Presentation of final products, publishing on the website, press conference, preparing press articles for the own country
At each school in Spring and Summer 2017
- Press conferences
- Organizing public events to present the final products
- Showing the documentary film
For opening the file you need an PDF-Reader.